I’m glad to share with you we launched link management hub (not just a shortener, that’s important) written in Crystal. We would like to make sure that widely used services is fast and reliable enough, so we decided to use Crystal lang. The very first question was what to start with, there’re two popular frameworks named Kemal and Amber but both of them seemed too heavy for the task, so the first thing we did was a try to use low level functions to build routes and handle requests, it worked but seemed ugly so we decided to migrate to router.cr as a quite light weight solution that fits our needs. Nevertheless Crystal is not in production stage it's stable enough, we faced several issues with DB but all was solved quite easily.
- create custom links
- get high QPS up to 20 000 RPM
- edit already created links
- create links for different platforms aka targeting
- create deep links
- get privately accessed statistics, including
- - traffic source
- - platforms
- - sharing (any bots like facebook, twitter, whatsapp, etc)
- - languages
- - countries (cities will be available soon)
Also we have a publicly available Telegram bot http://clc.to/bot and Slack app will be released soon.
Please reach us at email@example.com. We hope you enjoy the service.